The Superintendent will have a strong knowledge in Microtunneling and Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD), overall knowledge of heavy equipment and capabilities, local union labor rules and regulations. They will work in conjunction with the Project Manager to safely and productively build the work on time and within budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knowledge of contract and subcontracts to execute the work efficiently
- Scheduling and implementing the work, working with the Project Manager to develop the basic sequencing and duration of work activities required
- Follow Safety rules and educate employees on proper procedures
- Equipment Utilization, know equipment capabilities and schedule same to build job efficiently, gather monthly equipment reports and inform shop of any mechanical issues requiring immediate attention
- Labor Utilization, working knowledge of union Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) where applicable and understand the separation of work by trade and efficiently utilizes manpower to minimize project cost
- Cost, Payment and Production, understand approach, crewing and production rates used at the time of bid, monitors production and compares with as-bid goals
- Makes adjustments to the operation as needed to improve production and efficiency and track quantities and assemble monthly estimates in coordination with Project Manager, check and prepare daily reports and timesheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Education – High School or equivalent, Associate or BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Specialized knowledge in Microtunneling and Horizontal Directional Drilling projects
- Must travel and work from jobsite locations, including overnight stay
- Ability to comprehend plans and specs, general computer and math skills, strong communication, both verbal and written with onsite inspectors, engineers, owner’s reps, employees of all levels
- Able to articulate job progress, problems, delays in meeting type settings
- Ability to delegate work & provide strong decision making & problem-solving skills
- Experience – 7+ years on an active construction jobsite
Each candidate for this position will be given a pre-employment drug screening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, eVerify and a drug free workplace.