The Estimator will review project plans and requirements with Microtunneling and Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) construction projects we perform. This position requires knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review project plans, requirements and specifications
- Determine labor and equipment costs
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and material pricing
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks
- Understand project logistics and project schedule
- Review estimates with Project team
- Perform other duties as required and assigned
- Degree preferred in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, but not required
- 5+ years estimating experience in civil construction, preferably trenchless construction
- Knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Effective presentation, oral and written skills, deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills in Office 365, CAD, Microsoft Project or Primavera, Heavy Job, Viewpoint, Adobe Acrobat
- Some travel is required and able to occasionally work on job site
- Ability to prioritize, well-organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-task oriented
Each candidate for this position will be given a pre-employment drug screening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, eVerify and a drug free workplace.