SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Estimator will review project plans and requirements with microtunneling & Horizontal Directional Drilling construction project we perform. This position requires knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
· Determine labor and equipment costs.
· Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and material pricing.
· Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
· Understand project logistics and project schedule.
· Review estimates with Project team.
· Perform other duties as required and assigned.
· Degree preferred in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, but not required
· 5+ years estimating experience in civil construction, preferably trenchless construction
· Knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
· Effective presentation, oral and written skills, deadline and detail-oriented
· Strong computer skills in Office 365, CAD, Microsoft Project or Primavera, Heavy Job, Viewpoint, Adobe Acrobat
· Some travel is required and able to occasionally work on job site
· Ability to prioritize, well-organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-task oriented